Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snowflake Pancakes

This year I got a little creative with my breakfasts for Christmas. I decided to try and make pancakes in the shape of snowflakes. It was a very messy process, but I was finally successful.


The most important part of making this work is thinning out the batter. I did this by just adding extra milk than what the recipe called for. Water will work too, but it won't taste as good. To pour the batter into snowflake shapes, I used a ziplock bag with a small hole cut in one corner. Ideally I would have liked to use something they use icing for to make those intricate designs on cakes and such.

The most difficult aspect of this project is in flipping the pancake once you've designed it in the pan. I used two skillets and flipped the completed snowflake into the other pan once one side was cooked. A better idea would be to have a flat skillet that you could put on top of the un-done side of the pancake and just flip them both over together so that you don't have to play any guessing games with the flip.

But there you have it. A fun and easy way to create something a little more festive for the holiday season. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment