Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gift Wrapping Theme

Every year I use a gift-wrapping theme for my gifts that makes them unique and easy to distinguish from other presents. It's always fun to hear the phrase, "Obviously that present is from Abby." This year, I did something a little more on the simple side, but it was a huge hit with my family. I wrapped each present with brown paper and put a single picture of the person for whom the gift was for on the outside. There was no questions as to who they were for, and who they were from.


Another great thing about this idea is that it can double as a decoration in your home. It was a lot of fun having these boxes set up against the wall. I think next year I might even do something along these lines but with a specific shape in mind.

{A Christmas tree of photographs perhaps?}

I loved the reactions that the younger kids would have to their face being on the outside of their gift. It was heart warming, and they get to keep a photograph of themselves. Everyone things I've set the bar too high for myself though, so we'll see what theme I can come up with to trump it for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment