Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A fun gift idea

My cousin Meghan is really into Justin Bieber, like most other girls her age. For Christmas I decided to make her a hat box with cut out images of Justin Bieber from magazines. I was able to get ample material from only 3 magazines. Once I cut out the images, I used rubber cement to put them in place on the box. After the entire box was covered, I used Mod Podge to seal the images to the box and prevent them from getting messed up or ripped. When the Mod Podge was dry, I used an acrylic sealer to give the box a shine to it. That took 24 hours to dry. This is the result:


Meghan loved it. It's a simple gift idea that you could do virtually anything with. And all it takes is a plain hat box, a few magazines, and some glue. Happy gifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment